Benefits of Massage Therapy
Therapeutic massage can provide dramatic results for many problems!
The demonstrated and documented benefits of massage therapy are numerous and significant. Therapeutic massage addresses soft-tissue dysfunctions and stress-related conditions. Therapeutic massage can provide dramatic results for many problems, including:
- Back Pain
- Stress and/or Tension
- Circulatory Conditions
- Work Related Muscle Pain
- Cancer (Helps Alleviate Side Effects Of Cancer and Cancer Treatments)
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Sports Injuries
- Migraine Headaches
- Myofascial Pains
Up to 90% of illnesses may be stress related. Massage therapy can help reverse the damaging effects of stress and aging by lowering blood pressure and heart rate. Massage has been proven to do the following functions:
- Promote general relaxation
- Increase flexibility and joint movement
- Relieve muscle tension
- Stretch weak, tight, or atrophied muscles
- Help athletes of any level prepare for or recover from strenuous workouts
There’s no denying the power of massage therapy. Massage therapy is a safe and effective way to reduce pain and improve function and was effective for treating persistent back pain.
- Oncology patients show less pain, fatigue, nausea, anxiety and depression following massage therapy, according to a study by Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, 2004.
- Women with lymph node dissection receiving arm massage had less pain and surgery- related discomfort.
- Deep Tissue Massage
- Deep Tissue Massage releases chronic tension through slow, deliberate strokes of deep pressure on contracted muscles, tendons, and fascia. It provides relief for chronic tension and acute muscle spasms. Your massage therapist will ask you how much pressure to apply before and during the massage to ensure your comfort.
- Neuromuscular Therapy (NMT)
- NMT is a comprehensive program of soft tissue manipulation that helps to correct postural imbalances as well as muscular imbalances. The goal is to relieve the pain and dysfunction by alleviating the underlying cause. NMT emphasizes the role of the brain, spine, and nerves in muscular pain. It uses advanced concepts in pressure therapy to break the stress-tension-pain cycle.
- Lymphatic Drainage Massage
- Lymphatic Drainage Massage is focused on stimulating the lymphatic system to return it to a healthy condition by milking excess lymphatic material from the tissue. Some benefits include reduction of swelling, improves bruising and speeds up injury recovery time.
- Myofascial Release
- Myofascial Release is a safe and very effective hands-on technique that involves applying gentle Myofascial connective tissue restrictions to eliminate pain and restore motion.
- Swedish Massage
- The main purpose of Swedish massage is to increase the oxygen flow in the blood and release toxins from the muscles. This helps to promote relaxation, increase circulation, and improve range of motion.